IGNOU Online Courses
Since its inception in 1985, the Indira Gandhi National Open University or the IGNOU has been in the forefront in imparting education in India. The ‘People’s University’ has contributed significantly in disseminating quality education to the masses through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode. Presently, the university, affiliated to the University Grants Commission, offers more than 3,500 courses to its more than 30 lakh students. The university also offers many online education courses to the benefit of the students.
Online Education Courses
In order to take education to the doorstep of the students, IGNOU has introduced many online education courses in recent years. It offers master’s degree, post graduate diplomas, post graduate certificates and certificate programs through online. Few online courses are listed below.
- Ph. D in Journalism
- The course duration is 5 years. The eligibility criteria for this course is Master’s Degree in Journalism & Mass Communication with 55% marks and M.Phil from any recognized University Or Master’s Degree with 55% marks in any subject with 5 years experience in Media Industry/Teaching/Research in a course in miracles Mass Communication..
- Master of Intellectual Property Law (MIPL)
- This online program has been designed by IGNOU in collaboration with Queensland University of Technology.
- MA in Journalism and Mass Communication
- The program is aimed at imparting skills to the students so that they can join in newspapers, magazines, radio, and television.
- PG Diploma in Legal Process Outsourcing
- The aim of this course is to train the law graduates with the extant practices useful for the Legal Process Outsourcing industry in India.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Radio Prasaran
- This program is designed to impart skills such as radio presentation, radio management and radio broadcasting to the students.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
- It is an opportunity to the working journalists to upgrade their skills and enhance their knowledge.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Cyber Law
- This course is designed to help the students understands various issues related to cyber law and intellectual property rights.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- This program has been designed by IGNOU, in collaboration with Project Management Associates (PMA) and Centre for Excellence in Project Management (CEPM).
- Certificate Programme in Spanish Language
- This program is jointly offered by IGNOU and the Instituto Cervantes, an institution under the Spanish Foreign Ministry.
- Certificate Programme in Community Radio Course
- This program is targeted to the 10+2 students who are interested in community level broadcasting.